|Company||Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI)|
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is one of South Africa’s largest independent, interdisciplinary research institutes. AHRI aims to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV and TB and related diseases, seeking ways to improve diagnosis, prevention and treatment. AHRI’s principal funders are Wellcome Trust and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Our academic partners are University College London and the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
|Job Functions||Advisory,Human Resources,Management,Management Consulting,Research,Senior Management|
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Medical,Ngo / Non-Profit,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Research,Science & Technology|
The Head Human Resources must have a strong background in Human Resources and/or Industrial Psychology to ensure that all human resources operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. He/she is responsible for developing HR strategies and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects. He/she must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of all matters concerning HR. He/she should be able to manage programs and lead staff while also possessing a strong strategic mindset. The goal is to ensure that all HR needs of AHRI are being met and are aligned with all business objectives. The purpose of this position is to drive change, manage equity and add value to the work environment.
1. Degree or National Diploma in Human Resources, Industrial psychology or relevant field;
1. Minimum of 10 years work experience in relevant field
2. 4 Years’ experience as a senior Human Resources Manager
1. Excellent organizational and leadership skills
2. Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
3. Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
4. Diligent and firm with high ethical standard
5. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
6. Willing to travel
|Job Closing Date||18/01/2019|