|Company||Africa Health Research Institute|
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is one of South Africa’s largest independent, interdisciplinary research institutes. AHRI aims to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV and TB and related diseases, seeking ways to improve diagnosis, prevention and treatment. AHRI’s principal funders are Wellcome Trust and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Our academic partners are University College London and the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Medical,Ngo / Non-Profit,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Research,Science & Technology|
The Senior Professional Research Nurse will be primarily responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of HIV clinical activities across studies including HIV rapid, venous and self-testing; the use of ARVs and, imminently, PrEP. The successful candidate will be expected to lead and implement quality control; to deliver training of study teams on relevant aspects of HIV; and to support quality of HIV clinical activities across all studies. The position will be based at our Somkhele Research Campus.
1. Diploma or Degree in Nursing
2. Current registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse
3. Valid driver’s License
4. Computer Literacy (MS Office –Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
5. Fluency in English and Zulu
6. NIMART training and experience
7. Diploma or Degree in Clinical Nursing Science, Health Assessment, Treatment and Care
1. A minimum of 5-year recognizable nursing experience after registration as professional nurse with SANC, of which at least 1 year must be
experience working in a primary health care clinic.
2. Familiarity with clinical research data collection.
3. Experience of providing HIV treatment and care.
4. Experience in teaching and training
Knowledge and Abilities
1. Knowledge of and experience in HIV treatment and care.
2. Previous clinical research experience e.g. working in a clinical research project
3. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, flexible and a good team player
4. Well organized and possession of the ability to plan effectively and efficiently
1. Basic counselling and interviewing skills.
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Good problem-solving skills
4. Responsiveness, professionalism, supportive and assertive
Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work visa holders.
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|Job Closing Date||30/06/2019|