|Company||Africa Health Research Institute|
|Location||Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is one of South Africa’s largest independent, interdisciplinary research institutes. AHRI aims to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV and TB and related diseases, seeking ways to improve diagnosis, prevention and treatment. AHRI’s principal funders are Wellcome Trust and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Our academic partners are University College London and the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Medical,Ngo / Non-Profit,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Research,Science & Technology|
AHRI is looking for a Professional Research Nurse who will be based at our Somkhele site. The successful candidate will work within the framework of the Vukuzazi study. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for implementing the core Vukuzazi protocol and its associated studies. The successful candidate will be expected to follow procedures according to study protocols and to provide high quality clinical care to participants and other clients as appropriate in support of the Department of Health.
Requirements of the Job
1. Diploma or Degree in Clinical Nursing Science, Health assessment, Treatment and care (PHC)
2. Current registration as a Professional Nurse with South African Nursing Council
3. Valid driver’s license and experience in driving for two years or longer
4. Computer Literacy (MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
5. Fluency in spoken Isi Zulu and English
1. A minimum of 3-5 years recognizable nursing experience after registration as Professional Nurse with South African Nursing Council.
2. A minimum of 2 years NIMART training and experience.
3. A minimum of 2 years experience of providing HIV /TB treatment and care.
4. A minimum of 2 years experience working in a Primary Health care Clinic or facility
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work visa holders.
|Job Closing Date||21/07/2019|