|Company||Africa Health Research Institute|
|Location||Mtubatuba, South Africa|
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is one of South Africa’s largest independent, interdisciplinary research institutes. AHRI aims to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV and TB and related diseases, seeking ways to improve diagnosis, prevention and treatment. AHRI’s principal funders are Wellcome Trust and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Our academic partners are University College London and the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Ngo / Non-Profit,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Research,Science & Technology|
The purpose of this position is to lead on the development of innovative strategies and systems to monitor and evaluate AHRI’s public engagement activities in order to ensure that there is consistency in the objectives and success indicators of the programme. The M&E Officer will spearhead the development and timely delivery of relevant reports against outcomes; and will be responsible for the measurement, monitoring and evaluation of the entire programme. The position will be based at AHRI’s Durban Research Campus with frequent travel to the Somkhele Research Campus.
1. Master’s degree in Social Science, Statistics, Economics, Public Policy or in a scientific-
2. Possession of a valid Drivers’ License
3. Proficiency in English and IsiZulu (verbal and written)
1. Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation
position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development
2. Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project
initiation to closeout stages.
3. Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management, project
monitoring and evaluation and relevant connected fields.
4. Experience in strategic planning and performance monitoring
5. Experience in working with international funding organizations
|Job Closing Date||23/01/2020|