|Location||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The purpose of the Laboratory Project Supervisor is to ensure optimal and coordinated laboratory service provision to clinical research studies at the Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI).
The incumbent will report to the Head: Clinical Laboratory and work in close conjunction with the respective manager/supervisors of the Clinical Laboratory, Biorepository, Laboratory Data and Quality teams, as well as all other laboratory staff members and liaise with relevant staff of the different clinical research studies
The primary place of work will be at the AHRI Durban Campus, but the incumbent will be required to make periodic visits to the AHRI, Somkhele Campus.
|Job Functions||Clinical,Coordinator,Data Analysis,Laboratory Work,Management,Other Research Development, Science and Scientific Research,Project Management,Research,Science,Supervisor|
|Industries||Ngo / Non-Profit,Research,Science & Technology|
The Laboratory Project Supervisor will be primarily responsible for coordinating the implementation of AHRI clinical based studies of varying size and complexity, needing services of the Clinical Laboratory from inception to completion.
1. Responsible for coordination (from inception to completion) of various activities relating to the management and implementation of current and new AHRI clinical research studies requiring the services of the AHRI Clinical Laboratory. This briefly includes but is not limited to: scheduling various meetings with relevant parties, recording of minutes of meetings, ensuring availability of laboratory supplies, assist with development of analytical plans, SOPs, templates/forms etc., assist with relevant training of laboratory and other staff for different studies, ensure laboratory readiness for commencement of studies, assist with provision of budget and costing for studies, assist with management of relevant documentation
2. Assist with developing and managing a Clinical Laboratory presence on the AHRI intranet (Isango)in conjunction with the Share point administrators
3. Oversee the duties of the Laboratory Administrator
4. Assist with other ad hoc administrative/laboratory functions as may be required (with necessary training provided)
1. Master of Science (MSc) in Medical Microbiology, Virology or another related and relevant field.
1. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a diagnostic or research laboratory setting
2. Experience and knowledge operating in accordance with ISO 15189 and or Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) or similar environment, will be an advantage
3. Ability to write and review laboratory analytical plans and Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs)
4. Proven work experience as a Project Supervisor or in a similar role
5. Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and action plans
6. Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
7.Experience using computers and Microsoft applications for various tasks
1. SA Citizen or SA Resident with current work visa is an essential requirement
2. Solid organizational skills, including multi-tasking and time-management
3. Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
4. Ability to work to tight deadlines and to be flexible
5. Exceptional listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
6. Must be willing to work overtime as and when required
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
|Job Closing Date||23/01/2022|